Sunday, March 13, 2011

Interior designer license or just a piece of paper?!

Many so called interior designers out there do not have any interior design related education or credential, they are not even talented or know how to draw, but because they have connections and are business savvy, they will be able to get clients and hire someone who knows how to design and draw to work on the projects. I would like to know how the interior designer license will be able to keep that kind of people from practicing interior design and protect the real interior designers?! I am not afraid of competing with other creative interior designers because my creativity is very competitive and I am confident I will survive in this business if I compete with other interior designers on creativity, drawing skill, and project management ability, but I can't compete with someone who was born to rich and have lots of connections because those people will take most of the potential clients on the market no matter what and people like me will end up working for those fake designers and making joke-like salaries. So, I really don't care about the governor is going to de-license the interior designers because interior designer's license really has not helped me a bit.

1 comment: