Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Is 4-year interior design college education wasting time?

I spoke to an interior designer today who told me she was graduated from an university in Ohio and was majored in interior design. I was shocked since there are so many interior designers out there do not even have any interior design related education. I told her that she and I were the minority in this field. Despite of her success in this field, she thinks the 4-year college was totally wasting time because there are so many people in this field do not have the interior design related education and yet still make big bucks. She said she could have used the 4 college years to make even more money by starting early and be student loan-free. I totally agree with her. Don't give me wrong, I think the college education is important, but if I can turn the clock back, I would not choose interior design as my major. I would choose business administration as my major and golf as my minor so I can easily run an interior design business and meet wealthy clients on the golf course.

No comments:

Post a Comment